June 22, 2011

Skip It


Film: SWEPT AWAY
Director: Guy Ritchie
Actors: Madonna, Adriano Giannini, Bruce Greenwood, Elizabeth Banks, Jeanne Tripplehorn, Michael Beattie, David Thornton
Year: 2002


I always make it a point to see the movies that get panned. I wanna see for myself what the fuss is all about. I made a mistake with this one. Everything critics were saying was true. I was highly disappointed in one of my favorite directors, Guy Ritchie and I cringed every time Madonna was on screen (which was 98% of the time). I would have made this a miscast (Madonna), but I honestly don't think changing the actor would have made much difference. The story was bland and shallow and, despite what you may think, watching a movie that takes place on a deserted island beach is not that interesting. I'm definitely advising against this stinker. It's just a waste of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...