May 4, 2011

Skip It


Film: WHEN IN ROME
Director: Mark Steven Johnson
Actors: Kristen Bell, Josh Duhamel, Anjelica Huston, Danny DeVito, Will Arnett, Jon Heder, Dax Shepard, Alexis Dziena, Peggy Lipton
Year: 2010


It took me... three times to actually finish this boring, pointless... dare I say it... movie. Up until a few months ago, I really questioned the sanity of some of Hollywood. I just couldn't understand the so-called appeal of Ms. Kristen Bell. I had seen her in "Couples Retreat" and "Forgetting Sarah Marshall", but she was mostly just annoying. I mostly found her to be of average talent and average attraction. But then I caught the entire "Veronica Mars" series (three seasons) last summer and I finally understood. She was fantastic in that show. Funny, dry, witty, and she possessed a likability that few actors do. So, it should be no surprise how disappointed I was with this piece of crap. Bell is so much better than this. Duhamel... I understand. He's a pretty boy (former model) who is good enough to play the leading lady's love interest, but not much more at this point. All in all (if it wasn't already obvious) skip this bomb.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12/31/2010

    I thought Jon Heder was kinda funny with the whole magic thing. Danny DeVito was so creepy in it that I had to watch "Romancing the Stone" afterward to counterbalance this movie. But I must say I heart Veronica Mars! Totally agree with your comments on Kristen Bell. That fantastic series is the best thing she's ever done. I would be so in for a Veronica Mars movie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5/04/2011

    I thought the film was all right. Yes, there was a lot of missed potential, but it was not a train wreck. Nothing deep here, just light escapism entertainment. If it's on TV, I say give it a try.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...