April 5, 2011

Flick of the Day

Film: SHUTTER ISLAND
Director: Martin Scorsese
Actors: Leonardo DiCaprio, Michelle Williams, Mark Ruffalo, Ben Kingsley, Patricia Clarkson, Emily Mortimer, Jackie Earle Haley, Max von Sydow, Elias Koteas
Year: 2010

Synopsis: Two US Marshals investigate the disappearance of a woman at a remote insane asylum.


I wasn't sure what I was getting into when I started this film (which is why I won't give much away). I knew DiCaprio to be a very talented actor with a lot of, still, un-tapped potential and I heart spectacular indie-darlings Michelle Williams and Patricia Clarkson. So, it's no surprise that I very much enjoyed this film (so much I watched it... count 'em... three times). It's beautifully shot, from the lake house to the spooky halls of the asylum. Scorsese continues his path as one of the best directors in history. The script is fascinating and alluring, and the rest of the cast in stupendous.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...