June 22, 2011

Flick of the Day


Film: TAKING WOODSTOCK
Director: Ang Lee
Actors: Demetri Martin, Imelda Staunton, Henry Goodman, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Mamie Gummer, Emile Hirsch, Eugene Levy, Jonathan Groff, Christina Kirk, Liev Schreiber
Year: 2009

Synopsis: The story of the family who hosted the festival that would become Woodstock in 1969.




I took a chance on this film, mainly because I was interested in a new comic I had seen on 'Comedy Central'. His name... Demetri Martin. I thought I was in for a big comedy, but instead I got a fact-based, biopic of sorts. I wasn't disappointed because it was very interesting and quite entertaining (especially Liev Schreiber in drag). The most interesting thing about this story is that no one really knew what a big deal Woodstock was actually going to be.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...